A new problem may be encountered by some Call of Duty: Warzone players, SPAN error. We explain to you what to do to try to fix it.
Call of Duty: Warzone is unfortunately not spared from problems, especially on consoles. Players have to deal with a few difficulties, which keep repeating themselves. The latest one is the SPAN error, which fortunately can be solved, although some steps can be inconvenient. We explain how to solve the 47 error or SPAN code in Call of Duty: Warzone.
How to fix the span error in warzone?
Called error 47 or SPAN code, this problem simply prevents you from launching Call of Duty: Warzone on console, both on Xbox and PlayStation. However, there are several ways to fix it. We explain them below, from the least restrictive to the most difficult.
Start the console in safe mode
The SPAN error may be resolved with this technique. To do this, simply follow these steps:
- Turn off the console, and hold down the power button for three seconds.
- Hold down the button again until you hear a second beep (seven seconds after the first).
- Connect the controller using the USB cable and press the “PS” button on the controller.
This technique can only be used on PlayStation consoles.
Clear console cached data
Whether on PlayStation or Xbox, clearing the cache may be the solution to get around the 47 error:
On PlayStation and Xbox
- Turn off the console completely.
- Unplug the power cable.
- Wait at least 2 minutes.
- Reconnect the console and start it up.
Alternatively, on Xbox Series
- Press the Xbox button on the controller.
- Go to the right-hand side of the screen, “Profile and System”.
- Go to the settings and in “Devices and connections”, choose “Blu-Ray”.
- Select “Persistent Storage”.
- You can then click on “Empty persistent storage”.
If unfortunately, these two tips do not allow you to play Warzone normally, you will have to reinstall the game.